So this week we see the latest release of Itunes – given that when I’m at my machine – you can be pretty sure this is running – its always worth checking out the latest and greatest features and changes.
Apple’s blurb about the latest invocation
Introducing the new iTunes. With a dramatically simplified player, a completely redesigned Store and iCloud features you’ll love — this is the best iTunes yet.
• Completely Redesigned. iTunes makes it more fun to explore and enjoy your music, films and TV programmes. You’ll love the beautiful edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, film or TV programme in your library, and getting personal recommendations any time you click In the Store.
• A New Store. The iTunes Store has been completely redesigned and now features a clean look that makes it simpler than ever to see what’s hot and discover new favourites.
• Play purchases from iCloud. Your music, film and TV programme purchases in iCloud now appear inside your library. Just sign in with your Apple ID to see them. Double-click to play them directly from iCloud or download a copy you can sync to a device or play while offline.
• Up Next. It’s now simple to see which songs are playing next, all from a single place. Just click the Up Next icon in the centre display and they’ll instantly appear. You can even reorder, add or skip songs whenever you like.
• New Mini Player. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what’s playing, Mini Player now includes album art, adds Up Next and makes it easy to search for something new to play — all from a smaller and more elegant design.
• Improved search. It’s never been easier to find what you’re looking for in iTunes. Just type in the search field and you’ll instantly see results from across your entire library. Select any result and iTunes takes you straight to it.