Chrome had a hectic first day – especially with reports of exploits. However there are more goodies and interesting features to play with in this speed demon. Lets look at the about: features – that you get when you type about: and one of the flags into the address bar.
Among the “about” features:
• about:memory shows how much memory the browser–and any other Web browser–is using. Conveniently for Web developers, it also shows how much each Web site in a browser tab is using.
Typing about:histogram into Chrome’s address bar shows many performance details.
• about:network tracks the detailed network activity of using a Web site.
• about:version shows details of what version of Chrome is running, along with the user-agent text that the browser reports when identifying itself to Web sites.
• about:histograms graphs various performance measurements such as the time taken to autocomplete text users type into the browser.
• about:crash crashes the active browser tab.