Great to see a new release of one of my favourite tools for VM backups in the ESX(i) environment. Trilead explorer 3.6 has a few items that I had thought would improve the product.
- New: option to backup multiple VMs in the same task
- New: warning message on VM Explorer startup if last scheduled tasks terminate
with warning or error message
- New: warning message when orphaned backup snapshots are found
- New: possibility to “Delete existing Backup in target directory before
- New: possibility to retrieve ESX log file
- Fixed Clone functionality on ESXi 4.1
- Fixed number of backups to keep in case of archive option
You should check out this functionality and also make a cost comparison with the other backup options available for smaller installations – this might be what you are looking for.