WildFire is a Lotus Notes 8.5 Sidebar Application to Update Status’s across a wide range of Social Networks including Sametime, Connections, Socialtext, Facebook, GTalk, PingFm, Plurk, Tumblr, Twitter, WordPress and more!
You can also have mulitple of each network type!!
The app is brought to you by ISW who are an Australian IBM Premier Partner. Pick the app up from here http://www.openntf.org/internal/home.nsf/project.xsp?action=openDocument&name=WildFire and the install
Simply download the WildFire zip file, extract the contents then go to Lotus Notes.
• File -> Application -> Install.
• Select Search for new features to install.
• Select Add Folder Location
• Browse to the isw.wildfire.update folder previously extracted.
• Tick the isw.wildfire.update object & click Finish.
• On the next screen select all the included features and click Next
• Accept the Agreement, click Next
• Click Finish.
• Select Install the Plug-in and click OK
• Allow the Lotus Notes client to restart when prompted.
• Once Notes is open, WildFire should already be in your sidebar. Click the Settings button to begin creating accounts
As you can see at the moment I’m on a bit of a Notes/Domino path and this reflects some of the strategic direction outlined by IBM at ILUG 2010. For Lotus developers the future is X – XPAGES and now is the time to get skilled up and get some prototypes built for prospective clients and existing customers who already have the investment in Domino and Notes and need the refresh and re-expression that Xpages can bring to their apps.
As a tool for developing web applications across disparate information islands Xpages can give you the upper hand by using your existing skills in Notes / Domino and a framework for your new developments.
If you are having trouble with this you can always use the link here
To install – drag the cog icon on to your my widgets pane – wait for install to complete and then get ready to fill in your “connections”.