For a recent project I needed to provide access to a vmware virtual machine image and the tool of choice was VMWare workstation pro. If you haven’t used it – the product enables you to develop, test, demonstrate, and deploy software by running multiple x86-based Windows, Linux, and other operating systems simultaneously on the same PC.
VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro is a free upgrade for all VMware Workstation 15 Pro users. It includes the following updates:
- Support for new guest operating systems:
- Windows 10 19H2
- Debian 10.0/10.1
- Debian 9.11
- Oracle Linux 8.0
- SLE 15 SP1
- FreeBSD 12.0
- PhotonOS 3.0
- Jumbo frame support: Virtual networks can now be configured with MTU size of up to 9000 bytes.
- Preserve Network Configuration: Network settings are now preserved after upgrades. You can also import and export your network configurations.
- Multiple display shortcut key: You can now quickly adjust the VM display layout with a new keyboard shortcut.
- PVSCI device support: PVSCSI adapter is now officially supported by Workstation, which enhances the compatibility for VMs migration between Workstation and vSphere.
- Open VM Tools is the default VMware Tools for applicable Linux virtual machine: