A client asked me yesterday regarding the integration facilities of 3CX as they are exploring its use in their company. The main features to point out would be the Myphone web based interface allowing changes to the operation of the users extension and redirection services. This runs off the same web as the main 3CX server.
There is a desktop installation of it that can be run from inside the web client that allows a browser free version of the app – giving access to call history, queues, voicemail, phone directory. Users can change the extension details and redirects to mobile. The forwarding rules can updated and telephone conferences created.
The outlook plugin makes the click to call capability available as well as having new Outlook Journal entries as created when calls are made. Some of the features are available only in the full version of the 3cX server.
Heres a summary of the 3CX system
3CX Phone System for Windows is a software-based IP PBX that replaces a proprietary hardware PBX / PABX. 3CX’s IP PBX has been developed specifically for Microsoft Windows and is based on the SIP standard, making it easier to manage and allowing you to use any SIP phone (software or hardware). A software-based IP PBX / PABX offers many benefits:
- Easier to install & manage via web-based configuration interface
- Far less expensive to purchase and expand than a hardware-based PBX / PABX
- Improve productivity with presence, desktop based call control and extension management
- No need for separate phone wiring – phones use computer network, easy hot desking!
- Delivery mobility by allowing employees to work from home using a remote extension
- Choose between popular IP hardware phones or softphones – no vendor lock in
- Receive & make calls via the standard PSTN using VoIP Gateways or cards
- Save on monthly call costs using SIP trunks, VoIP providers or the Skype gateway!