Today is the launch of the Raspberry PI – a no frills but very low costs development project. The initial interest has been so high that both supplier web sites taking pre-orders crashed and they the project has been mentioned on Radio 4 twice today – Great way to launch !!
Raspberry Pi Linux Specs
- SoC Broadcom BCM2835 (CPU, GPU, DSP, and SDRAM)
- CPU: 700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S core (ARM11 family)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV, OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC high-profile decoder
- Memory (SDRAM): 256 Megabytes (MiB)
- Video outputs: Composite RCA, HDMI
- Audio outputs: 3.5 mm jack, HDMI
- Onboard storage: SD, MMC, SDIO card slot
- 10/100 Ethernet RJ45 onboard network
- Storage via SD/ MMC/ SDIO card slot
Kudos – to Mythic Beasts for hosting Raspberry PI’s website !!